- 1kg Mutton
- 1kg Basmati Rice
- 800gm Onion
- 400gm Tomato
- 150gm Ginger & Garlic paste
- 200gm Vegetable or Sunflower oil
- 50gm Ghee (or Butter)
- 25 Green Chilli
- Rules is 5 chillies per 200g of meat
- 3 chillies for cooking mutton
- 2 chilles for biryani
- 1 bunch Mint leaves
- Garam masala
- 2 Small cinnamon stick
- 4 Cardamon
- 4 Marathi Mogu
- 1 Clove
- Add some oil to the pan and fry 15 chillies till it turns colour
- Finely grind the chillies after it is cooled down
- Add the mutton and chilli together in a pressure cooker
- Add 3/4 water w.r.t meat
- Boil the mixture in pressure cooker for 5 whistles (just 2 whistles for lamb)
- Add oil to the pan and fry garam masala.
- Add 10 chillies and chopped onions and fry until the onion turns brown.
- Add chopped tomatos and fry until it mashes well with onions.
- Add pre-cooked mutton, salt and chilli power and stir well.
- Add ginger garlic paste
- Fry the mix until the oil oozes out and separates from the gravy
- Add water in 1:1.5 ratio.
- Thats 1.5 water for every cup of rice.
- Use the soup from the pressure cooker first